Thursday, October 25, 2007

HW24: CH 5 & 6

A Room of my Own

In the eyes of Virginia Woolf we have come a long way in history today. She makes this obvious as she states, “there are almost as many books written by women as by men” (Woolf 79). This shows huge improvements from the beginning of the book, suggesting that maybe her hypothesis of women and a room of their own was correct. I have a room of my own that i never really thought about until now. Its a place where i can go to be alone and think to myself. Though the world outside my room can be loud and obnoxious, my room is always quiet and peaceful. Virginia says “there is truth in what you say” (Woolf 112). my room is where the truth to everything i know is allowed to come out whether it be thoughts, feelings, or secrets. Its my own space to rid of all disturbances so i can concentrate on accomplishing my goals in life.

No comments: