Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HW2: Posting to Your Reading Response Blog

“From Cave Painting to Wonkette” (Kline and Burstein xxi-xxvi)

My assignment was to connect one of Burstein’s 12 key ideas in “From Cave Painting to Wonkette” to an interest, issue, or commitment of my own. After reading over these key ideas to blogging, I decided to choose idea number nine. The idea states that, “The numbers of bloggers will continue to grow because the numbers of knowledge workers in our societies are continuing to grow.” I completely agree with this statement because I realize that new businesses are being born every day and blogs are a great way for these businesses to get in contact with others. The blogs may consist of employees or other businesses that can suggest ways to help each other out. Blogs can be great for any job. For an example, my dream job is to become a hunting guide for whitetail deer. If I owned a guiding business I would be able to keep track in my blog daily as to where I saw the deer, what the deer looked like, the time of day I saw it, and the temperature and weather conditions of that day. I would also have my employees do the same. This way we would be able to find out where the big deer are and when they will be there. It would improve my business a great deal just as it would for other businesses as well.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Well done--this meets the requirements of the assignment.
A hunting guide's blog would be a great idea! What a good way to share successes and promote a business.