Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HW:9 Huffington Interview

“Punching Holes in Faded Mirrors” Arianna Huffington

After reading the interview of Aranna Huffington, the creator of the Huffington Post, I realized there are some points made that I both agree and disagree with. I agree that blogs can make a difference when talking about political establishment in the United States because the amount of online political blogs confirms it. There are many blogs on politics where people can find answers to there questions about particular people or parties. On the other hand, Huffington states that today’s mainstream media suffers from attention deficit disorder and can only focus on one story at a time. She also claims that while mainstream media is covering a story its as though nothing else exists. I disagree with this because from my views of the mainstream media I believe they do cover a significant amount of material. They may, at times, favor a certain story or stories but that is only because they are the stories the public is the most interested in hearing about.

No comments: