Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW5b: Applying Graff to "I Blog, Therefore I Am"

“I Blog, Therefore I Am”

On page 239 of David Kline’s book entitled “Blog!” I found a paragraph that I disagreed with. Starting at the top of the page, the reading starts off by saying that blogging will mean the death of the so called Big Media. After thinking about this statement I quickly made a decision to deny all access of the information I had just read because to me it just didn’t seem right. I believe the Big Media such as the papers and news reports are being underestimated and have a larger affect, than that of blogs, on the public and will continue to have that effect. I would like to acknowledge the fact that blogging is becoming more popular and people have become less tentative to the papers, but the bottom line is that these papers are being read and seen by far more viewers. Kline’s book is a good way to learn about the impact of blogging but the information of this paragraph I certainly question.

No comments: